Thursday, January 14, 2010

Morning Denver! Today's Project Is:



I bought this lamp at a mexican/asian fusion store in Colorado Springs. It's basically the greatest place ever to pick up the following things:

1. Bamboo plants
2. Club wear
3. High-heeled boots
4. Marijuana leaf blankets that are usually sold on the side of the road
5. Felt piggy banks in the shape of giant bulls
6. Contact lenses
7. Wigs
8. Quinceanera supplies
9. Bedazzled Obama shirts
10. Cowboy hats

This lamp was pretty gaudy when I first picked it up, but I sprayed it with a gray matte base and am going to use acrylic black, white, gold and red paint. I'll post photos to show my progress!

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoy that I can pick up tank tops and Dickies shorts at this location. And of course calling cards in a vending machine . . . This place is basically a mecca of necessities . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it..What a Dope place!

    ReplyDelete